Monday, March 4, 2013

New Rochelle buzzer beater



Nothing makes for a better video than a buzzer beater, and one would be hard pressed to find one more dramatic than this one.

I haven't covered too many buzzer-beaters in my time (one was Ronald Ramon from the corner as Pitt beat WVU at the Pete), but one that stands out came during my 1997 internship with The Tribune-Democrat. Richland was an underdog against Blairsville in the District 6 playoffs. The Bobcats were loaded and led by point guard Lawrence Westbrook, who drew considerable Division I attention.

Well, Richland was the team that advanced on a last-second layup. Off the top of my head, can't remember the guy who hit the shot. Think the last name was Lohr.

Would love to hear your favorite buzzer beaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment