Aliquippa entered exclusive company with its 51-15 victory over Karns City in the PIAA Class AA quarterfinals last week.
The win gave the Quips 709 points on the season. They became just the sixth team in Pennsylvania high school football history to reach the 700-point plateau.
Aliquippa's run-oriented offense is led by Dravon Henry (1,439 yards) and Terry Swanson (1,234 yards). The Quips have rushed for more than 4,000 yards.
According to head coach Mike Zmijanac, a hard-hitting, physical defense deserves all the credit.
"The key for us is defensively," Zmijanac said. "We've played extremely well on that side of the ball and given our offense opportunities to score. We're not fancy offensively and we're not fancy on defense. The kids are just executing."
Richland, which sports the same 14-0 record as Aliquippa, gets its shot to slow down the Quips' high-powered run game, which churned out more than 500 yards in the WPIAL championship game against a previously unbeaten Wash High.
Members of the 700-point club
1. Jeannette (2007) 860 points in 16 games
2. West Catholic (2008) 775 points in 16 games
3. Southern Columbia (2006) 755 in 16 games
4. Clairton (2010) 746 points in 16 games
5. Aliquippa (2012) 709 points in 14 games
6. Serra Catholic (2007) 702 points in 16 games